What do customer journeys of key customers/clients look like, and what does this indicate about how they should be interacted with across different channels? Where are the most significant opportunities for building a better customer experience?
- Gain understanding of objectives for the product/service and for the customer journey mapping itself
- Review customer behavior research to gain understanding of current customer experiences (existing client insights as well as desktop research)
- Identify main channels and respective customer touch points
- Sketch journey maps
- Define personas representing different key customer segments and their needs, lifestyle, etc.
- Define customers key influencers (e.g. friends, colleagues)
- Illustrate channels and touch points, including usage context and interaction
- Identify timing for each phase in the purchase cycle, e.g. purchase, renewal, etc.
- Identify ‘moments of truth’, such as a positive experience that influenced the customers’ attitude towards the brand
- Derive comprehensive implications for brand communication by highlighting pain points and uncovering the most significant opportunities for building a better customer experience
- Support in the optimization of brand communication based on identified customer journey insights
- Comprehensive insights identifying key opportunities for strengthening long-term customer relationships
- Internal consensus and shared customer understanding to facilitate decision-making
Digital customer journey mapping